How to Install Windows Media Center on Windows 10 – Microsoft dropped Windows Media Center from its new OS, citing “decreased utilization” as the rationale it will not be obtainable. As an alternative the software big has launched a DVD Participant, however that is solely free to some Windows 10 customers. For others it prices $ 14.99, which is loopy contemplating it’s extremely primary and there are a lot better free instruments out there.
Steps to Install Windows Media Center
- First step is to download the zip file from here (MDL Discussion board). The file is round 54MB in measurement.
- Extract the information within the zip to your PC. It is possible for you to to see a file with identify _TestRights. Proper click on this file and choose Run as Administrator.
- It opens a command windows and executes instructions. In case you aren’t in a position to see this command window, you want to restart PC and check out it once more.
- Subsequent step is to proper click on the Installer file and run as administrator. This can install Windows Media Center on your PC.
- After you have accomplished the set up, it is possible for you to to entry Windows Media Center from the beginning menu.
There’s additionally an uninstaller file out there, so in case you need to uninstall it, you need to use this option. When you get a decoder error when making an attempt to play reside TV you will have to install the LAV Filters from here.