Battery life might be one of the necessary elements whereas shopping for a smartphone. So it isn’t shocking that the distinction in battery life between Samsung and TSMC’s A9 chip is getting a lot consideration.
Apple has additionally acknowledged that there’s certainly a distinction between TSMC and Samsung’s A9 chip, although it insists that the variation is minimal.
Few days again we had proven you ways to determine if your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus has a TSMC or Samsung A9 chip. Sadly, that technique isn’t longer viable because the developer has taken down his app, because it in all probability was violating Apple’s App Retailer coverage for misusing the Enterprise certificates and has as an alternative launched the source code of the app. So that you would wish to use XCode to compile the app, and install it on your iPhone, however it is just potential if you will have a legitimate iOS Developer account.
Fortunately, there’s now a a lot simpler means to discover out which A9 chip is inside your shiny new iPhone utilizing a free iPhone app out there within the App Retailer. So comply with the directions under:
How to check if your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus has TSMC or Samsung’s A9 chip
- Obtain Battery Reminiscence System Standing Monitor (iTunes hyperlink), a free app from the App Retailer.
- Launch the BMSSM app.
- Then faucet on the System tab on the prime of the screen.
- It shows info such because the mannequin, identify, OS, Kernel, variety of CPUs, Cache Line Measurement, L1 Cache Measurement and so forth of your iPhone.
- The mannequin identify will inform you whether or not you will have a TSMC or Samsung A9 chip inside your iPhone. Right here’s the legend:
- N66mAP – iPhone 6s Plus with A9 chip manufactured by TSMC.
- N66AP – iPhone 6s Plus with A9 chip manufactured by Samsung.
- N71mAP- iPhone 6s with A9 chip manufactured by TSMC.
- N71AP – iPhone 6s with A9 chip manufactured by Samsung.
So primarily the “m” within the Mannequin identify signifies if your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus has what many are calling the “good” TSMC chip.
Now that you already know which A9 chip your device has, what are your ideas? Tell us within the remark part.
Thanks DeathAdder for the tip!
Like this publish? Share it!
Source : IphoneHack