Once we first met the group constructing the LucidCam, they aimed to boost $ 100,000 on Indiegogo. They discovered their 264 backers to get them there. Their aim stays to convey the power to shoot immersive digital actuality content material with a camera that matches in your pocket. And at an inexpensive price ($ 299).
I caught up with Lucid’s CEO, Han Jin, to see what’s subsequent.
TC: You hit your aim. Any product updates for backers and people concerned about snagging a LucidCam?
– We’ll launch first 360 3D video in December, as we opened the 360 diploma 3D answer as perk.
– We began working on implementing Wifi – based mostly on suggestions from our backers, this has turn into a high precedence – to make it simpler to switch movies shortly to the phone.
– Reside stream appears to be a feature not many individuals really feel urged now which we came upon in our survey, subsequently we’ll save that for version 2 (take heed to backers and get rid off it).
– We will now add our movies to YouTube – based mostly on suggestions from backers, that is actually essential.
– We jumped off a aircraft and created promotional skydive video in VR – right here is the hyperlink to our skydive video (use Google Cardboard and its app to view)
– We labored with Sephora to create a Digital Actuality tour of their latest idea retailer in San Francisco (The Sephora Magnificence TIP Workshop) – Sephora Powell Road Launch
TC: What sort of suggestions have you ever gotten from backers to date?
HJ: Backers cant wait to create their very own content material and share. They need to see our movies on YouTube –> and we delivered our skydive video on YouTube. The backers are additionally serving to us focus on simplicity.
TC: The all necessary query…when can we get this factor?
HJ: We have been in Asia working with Producers over Thanksgiving and we demoed and showcased the LucidCam in Taiwan on the Meet Taiwan Exhibition from Nov 26 to Nov 29. We’ll be in Europe in December to construct distribution partnerships and we’ll be at CES 2016 and VR associated occasions round CES in Las Vegas in January.
All in all it sounds just like the LucidCam is nicely on its option to being a actuality. Whereas no dates are being shared so far as delivery, the staff is in touch with their backers nonstop. With the hardware planning underneath management, Jin and staff want to seize partnerships with content material creators and shopper manufacturers to create direct-to-shopper immersive content material. I’ve been describing the camera because the Flipcam for VR. Which might be large if they arrive by way of on their guarantees.
All of it feels like a superb plan, however till I can take this factor to a Warriors recreation, I’ll be pestering the staff for extra updates.
Source : TechCrunch