Samsung simply fed its two-month previous Gear S2 smartwatch a new firmware replace, however it solely rolled out in Korea. Nevertheless, somebody has shared what that replace included and has given a sneak peak of what is in retailer for customers when it hits different areas.
Senior XDA Boards consumer beneath the identify supersoulfly observed there have been no patch notes for the smartwatch’s newest firmware replace. So, that consumer took notes and shared them with the discussion board website.
This is a rundown of what is new within the firmware replace:
• Auto Open Apps option added to the Settings’ menu’s Gadget part. The fast-entry feature launches no matter app the consumer stops on after scrolling by means of the itemizing of the smartwatch’s software.
• Added Choice to Settings Menu’s Connections part that’ll notified wearers when the connection to a phone is disconnected.
• Display time-out choices — 15 seconds, 30 second, one minute and 5 minutes — have been added to the display settings.
• New apps added: world clock, Starbucks, navigation app and the Flipboard app.
• New watch faces added.
• New notification indicator added as an option, obtainable when the watch is about to permit notifications to wake it up. The indicator, an orange circle, will seem till the notification has been observed.
• Double tapping will increase the dimensions of notification textual content.
• The + signal to the far proper of the interface now says “Add Widget.”
• Trash can icon added to “swipe to dismiss” action.
• New smiley face has changed the emoji on notification replies
• “Add Template” option added to the fitting aspect of the watch faces menu.
The Gear S2 and S2 Basic goal to provide wearers extra independence from their smartphones and the 3G variations of the smartwatches does simply that.
The 3G variations of the smartwatches can take and make calls, as long as an related Galaxy device is powered on and is in touch with a mobile network. The watches are every powered by a 1 GHZ, dual-core processor. They’re fitted with half a gig of RAM and 4 GB of storage area.Whereas they will help Android units, they use a mixture of Android and Samsung’s Tizen micro-OS.
“The Samsung Gear S2 displays Samsung’s most progressive innovation,” stated JK Shin, CEO and head of Samsung’s IT & Cellular teams. “It’s the good complement for any event, simply taking you from day to nighttime, from work to exercise–and making certain that you simply get extra out of each second in your day, by making it smarter and finally extra private and enjoyable.”
© 2015 Tech Occasions, All rights reserved. Don’t reproduce with out permission.
Source : Techtimes