"Because the bedrock of the fashionable knowledge heart, clients anticipate us to push server innovation additional and quicker" mentioned Ashley Gorakhpurwalla, president, Server and Infrastructure Methods at Dell EMC. "As clients deploy extra IoT options, they want extremely succesful and versatile compute on the edge to show knowledge into real-time insights; these new servers which can be engineered to ship that whereas reducing TCO."
The mixed innovation of AMD EPYCTM processors and pioneering PowerEdge server know-how ship compute capabilities that optimally improve rising workloads. With as much as 32 cores (64 threads), 8 memory channels and 128 PCIe lanes, AMD's EPYCTM processors supply flexibility, efficiency, and safety features for right this moment's software outlined ecosystem.
"We're happy to associate once more with Dell EMC and combine our AMD EPYC processors into the most recent technology of PowerEdge servers to ship enhanced scalability and excellent whole price of possession," mentioned Forrest Norrod, senior vice chairman and normal supervisor of the Datacenter and Embedded Options Enterprise Group (DESG), AMD. "Dell EMC servers are goal constructed for rising workloads like software-defined storage and heterogeneous compute and absolutely make the most of the power of AMD EPYC. Dell EMC at all times retains the server ecosystem and buyer necessities high of thoughts, this partnership is just the start as we work collectively to create options that unlock the subsequent chapter of information heart progress and functionality."
Expertise is at a relentless tempo of scale and file adoption, which has resulted in rising workloads which can be rising in scale and scope. These workloads are driving new system necessities and features which can be, in flip, advancing improvement and adoption of applied sciences similar to NVMe, FPGAs and in-memory databases. The PowerEdge R6415, PowerEdge R7415 and PowerEdge R7425 are designed to scale-up as clients' workloads improve and have the pliability to assist right this moment's fashionable knowledge heart.
Like all 14th technology PowerEdge servers, the new servers will proceed to supply a scalable enterprise structure and clever automation with iDRAC9 and Fast Sync 2 administration assist. Built-in safety is at all times a precedence and the built-in cyber resilient structure safety features of the Dell EMC PowerEdge servers protects clients' companies and knowledge for the lifetime of the server.
These servers have as much as 4TB memory capability enhanced for database administration system (DBMS) and analytics workload flexibility and are additional optimized for the next environments:
- Edge computing deployments - The extremely configurable, 1U single-socket Dell EMC PowerEdge R6415, with as much as 32 cores, provides ultra-dense and scale-out computing capabilities. Storage flexibility is enabled with as much as 10 PCIe NVMe drives.
- Software program-defined Storage deployments - The 2U single-socket Dell EMC PowerEdge R7415 is the primary AMD EPYCTM-based server platform licensed as a VMware vSAN Prepared Node and provides as much as 20% higher TCO per four-node cluster for vSAN deployments on the edge. With 128 PCIe lanes, it provides accelerated east/west bandwidth for cloud computing and virtualization. Moreover, with as much as 2TB memory capability and as much as 24 NVMe drives, clients can enhance storage effectivity and scale shortly at a fraction of the price of traditional-built storage.
- Excessive efficiency computing - The dual-socket Dell EMC PowerEdge R7425 delivers as much as 24% improved efficiency versus the HPE DL385 for containers, hypervisors, digital machines and cloud computing2 and as much as 25% absolute efficiency enchancment for HPC workloads like computational fluid dynamics (CFD)3. With as much as 64 cores, it provides high bandwidth with dense GPU/FPGA functionality. On customary benchmarks, the server with superior memory bandwidth and core density supplied glorious outcomes throughout a variety of HPC workloads.
The new line of PowerEdge servers powered by AMD EPYC processor shall be out there to channel companions throughout the globe, to allow them to cowl a broad spectrum of configurations to optimize numerous workloads for patrons.
- Dell EMC PowerEdge R7425, R7415, R6415 can be found now worldwide.
- vSAN Prepared Nodes can be found now with the PowerEdge R7425, R7415 and the R6415.
Source : TechPowerUp