When purchasing for power provides, keep in mind these smart phrases, “If it appears too good to be true, it most likely isn’t (true).” Repeatedly, we hear or examine circumstances the place counterfeit and/or faux power provides are offered to those that are enticed by extremely low costs, however find yourself with huge complications as an alternative. Listed below are some examples:
- 700W ATX Power Provide with ‘PFC Coil Constituted of Cement’: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/blog/Hantol-PSU-Fake-PFC-Made-of-Cement/220
- Pretend iPhone Chargers; Raspberry Pi basis appears to be like at counterfeit Apple power provides: http://hackaday.com/2012/10/10/raspberry-pi-foundation-looks-a-counterfeit-apple-power-supplies/
- Exposing some faux electronics with too-good-to-be-true costs: http://hackaday.com/2012/01/04/exposing-some-fake-electronics-with-too-good-to-be-true-prices/
- Low Price Power Supplies Can Be Costly: http://power-topics.blogspot.com/search/label/Power%20Supply%20Failure
- Do not buy an affordable substitute power provide!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nTRIxloDcI
- UL Warns of Power Supplies with Counterfeit UL Itemizing Mark and UL Vitality Verified Mark: http://www.wric.com/story/20226384/ul-warns-of-power-supplies-with-counterfeit-ul-listing-mark-and-ul-energy-verified-mark
- Pretend! Counterfeit UL mark discovered on LED power provide: http://www.edn.com/electronics-blogs/led-zone/4395270/Fake--Counterfeit-UL-mark-found-on-LED-power-supply
As a result of there are dangerous guys on the market who're dishonest, we come again to the query of ‘how to keep away from being ripped off when shopping for power provides.’ The reply is straightforward. Purchase from respected and properly established firms who've been offering power provides for at the least ten (10) years. For instance, TDK-Lambda has been designing and manufacturing dependable power provides for properly over 50 years and affords restricted lifetime warranties on some fashions http://www.us.tdk-lambda.com/lp/ . Avoid shopping for ‘seemingly’ cut price priced power provides from eBay or different online low cost web sites. Pretend chargers can kill your costly cameras, smart telephones and different units.
In case you work for an electronics producer, keep in mind that the switchmode power provide is the center of your end-product or system and your organization requires power provides that can present wonderful efficiency and hassle free operation for a few years. The very last thing an OEM wants is a lawsuit or the necessity to recall 1000's of merchandise from the sector.
If doubtful, ask the power provide vendor for the UL listed file quantity for the provision you have an interest in utilizing. For UL Listed and UL Acknowledged merchandise, the file quantity is normally printed close to the UL mark and sometimes begins with an E prefix adopted by a 6 character quantity, e.g., E133400. If the file quantity is just not proven, most respected power provide distributors/producers will present the end-user with this info. Anybody can go to the UL web site to examine on a UL file quantity to ensure the provision is definitely listed (authorised) and to affirm the identify of the producer. The ‘UL On-line Certification Listing’ is offered at http://database.ul.com/cgi-bin/XYV/template/LISEXT/1FRAME/index.html. At this web site you possibly can enter the ‘UL File Quantity’ within the field offered (e.g., E133400) after which click the SEARCH button. If the power provide is within the UL database, details about the producer shall be proven. In case you then click one of many gadgets proven, the related mannequin quantity(s) that conform to the particular UL security specification(s) shall be listed.
By following the above suggestions, you’ll develop into a smart power provide shopper and thereby keep away from pricey errors in your subsequent power provide choice and buy.